On average upfront rental cost for a 30-yard roll-off style dumpster is $468. The upfront cost for renting a 30-yard roll-off style container ranged from around $300-$636 for the US in 2019.
30 Yard Dumpster Dimensions
A 30 cubic yard dumpster has a standard size of 22 ft in length by 7 1/2 ft wide by 6 ft tall. In typical cases, 30-yard dumpsters have a weight limit of 8000-10,000 lbs. and can hold around 9 pick-up trucks of debris. Also keep in mind, the average dumpster rental is for 7 to 10 days, though they can be rented for a longer period of time if needed. The following projects a 30-yard dumpster may be right for you:
- Backyard Deck Removal (500-1,000 sq ft)
- Bathroom & Kitchen Renovations
- Large Yard Waste Removal
- Large Garage Cleanouts
- Disposal of Junk When Moving
- Pool Demolition
- Small Home Demolition
- Construction of Cottages, Small Homes, or Cabins
- Cleanout Situations
- Roof Tear Offs
Obviously, 30-yard dumpsters are perfect for a wide range of other types of construction projects as well. The wonderful thing about 30-yard containers is their flexibility and cost.
Additional charges may be applied for overages, tonnage, the type of debris, late fees incurred and fuel surcharges. Make sure to check on extra charges at the arrival of your dumpster rental to avoid any surprises when you get your final invoice.
Overage fees can range from $40-$100 per ton depending on the dumpster rental company you use.
If you want to save some money, try downsizing to a 10-yard dumpster, if a dumpster that is 30 yards in size is more than you need. Some people are confused when choosing the correct dumpster size, here are 3 things to consider when choosing your dumpster:
- Start by being as detailed as you can about the type of debris and the amount you are going to be disposing into the dumpster when speaking to the rental company. They are professionals and with their experience, they can provide you with an estimate of the weight.
- You can avoid the familiar problem of other people throwing their trash inside your dumpster and keep rain from getting inside it by covering with it a tarp. In each case, if you fail do this, the total weight will increase. It is especially critical if you chose a 20-yard container over a 30-yard container, because in the end you may ultimately pay more if it surpasses the weight limit.
- If you are doubtful – choose the larger size. You will save money avoiding overage charges.